Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blowing away the cobwebs

The last few days have been sunny and blowy.

The combination of some vitamin D and a sharp cool breeze has blown away my winter cobwebs and brought me back to life. I have energy. I am antsy. I am ready to go! I think I am coming out of hibernation and as spring starts to peek out from behind the clouds, I am finding a spring in my step once again.

So it's no surprise that my decision to dip my toe into the inviting but also slightly intimidating ocean of blogging coincides with a surge of spring energy. I am sure other people are busy cleaning out cupboards and using those power washers on their patios but since those aren't options for me (cupboards beyond help, balcony covered in hockey gear, bikes and dead plants) I thought I'd start to write.

All things bright and beautiful is the first line of a hymn I used to sing at school. It is a spring like hymn and popped into my head the other day. I am also so far having the best year of my life as I have been searching out the bright and beautiful in every day. So, as I come out from my wintery cocoon, I'll stretch, take a deep breath and start to share some of these things and the many other random thoughts that swirl around in my head every day. Plus a lot of lovely beautiful things, I am discovering online as a result of trespassing across other blogs!

No comments:

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.