Thursday, March 29, 2007

Baby therapy






So I am not very busy at work at the moment! This is another reason why I have started this blog. I used to get really frustrated and demotivated by days with not much at all to do. I'd leave work feeling all depressed that I hadn't accomplished anything. Strange but true. But I am pleased to report that I've moved beyond that feeling!! The last few months have been really really busy so I am determined to enjoy this little lull as I know it is the quiet before another storm.

And I've really been enjoying it! And how timely that it has coincided with the spring sunshine (which unbelievably is still here!)

Yesterday, I left work early and had a perfect afternoon in the sunshine (yes it is still here) with my friends and their babies! Here is a picture of Katherine and her gorgeous little 7 day old girl Makena. Makena is beautiful and just perfect (she has really long eyelashes!). And here is Dorry with Benny, whose first birthday is fast approaching. Now, pre-Makena and pre-Benny both spending time with both girls was a lovely treat and I always left feeling so recharged from their company. Now with Makena and Benny on board that feeling has quadrupled!

I never knew how therapeutic babies and puppies can be. Well, let me re-phrase that, how therapeutic other people's babies and puppies can be!! Especially puppies! ( I didn't used to be much of a fan). Makena wrapped her perfect little baby hand around my little finger and Benny just made me smile every time he was let off his lead... he just bounded with so much excitement and joy and off he went in search of new friends and smells!

Add that to great conversation, walking along the seawall and glimpsing the snowtopped mountains in the distance and a delicious salmon tacone at Go Fish http://www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=863 and I felt completely refreshed. (As an aside the planned 3.5 mile run for the evening turned into a 3.5 minute run but I don't think any amount of exercise could have made me feel as good!).

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Louise!! Welcome to the world of blogging! It's an incredibly addicting, strange little universe. :) Can I head up YOUR fan club now?? :) I'll be checking in faithfully!

Louise said...

Thanks Carolyn. I hope I can live up to your standards!!

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.