Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This is the life!


I still have moments when I have to pinch myself that this is my life! Last night was one of them! Janine and Mike invited us to go sailing with them! It was a gorgeous day that promised to end with a beautiful evening. I accepted and tracked David down via a friend (he is the last person in the world not to have a cell phone) to let him know the plan. I skipped out of the office at 4, a quick stop at the liquor store for some Granville Island largers and we were changed and our way. Janine is a member of the Royal Vancouver Yaught Club which is right near Jerico Beach. They have a great set up on Tuesday nights experienced sailors take out the novices to show the ropes and have a relaxing hour or so on the water. I must admit I can't remember much of what we learnt other than a refresher of a special 'bunny knot' I first learnt at Brownies. We sailed out to UBC and back. We picked up some speed and 'raced' another boat, cruised for a while and watched some small boats called lazers race. Back on the patio pitchers of beer and plates of nachos were waiting for us - oh and the most beautiful sunset!

No comments:

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.