Thursday, September 13, 2007

One of those moments


Sometimes some of the hugely significant moments in your life pass by without you realizing their importance until after the fact. There are others that you just know deserve a starring role. I love this picture for so many reasons (not least the fact it means we will shortly moving in) but also because as I look at it I can imagine it being one of those photos we keep forever and one day our children and grandchildren will pour over, just I have, startled by the fact that David and I were once young and had lives before them and how old fashioned it all looks! This picture signals the beginning of a new chapter for us and I am so excited I could burst. I hope I look back at this picture and remember the giddy happiness and pride we were both feeling as this image was snapped.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Aww, it's a great picture!

I often think that too - one day my daughter will look at these old pictures and say, "Mom, you were actually young(ish) once??" :)

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.