Friday, September 7, 2007

A small victory

One of my biggest challenges is staying on track with good eating and exercising when work is crazy. It becomes a vicious circle leaving me tired and grumpy.

Last night I had a small but sweet victory, after a frantic day and clients still calling at 6, i confidently asked if I could possibly speak to them in an hour instead - to my surprize that worked better for them, I made it to my gym class and then back to the office.

After sweating and squeezing (it was an ab, butt and thigh class!!) for an hour there was no way I was diving into the chinese my colleagues had ordered. And after a long night of working, I still feel good today because i kept the things I need to do feel good constant and didn't step on the rollercoaster of work taking over.

So that's my pat on the back. Now I've just got to keep doing it!

No comments:

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.