Tuesday, April 3, 2007

All things bright and.. blah...

Today was a blah day. In spite of the sunshine I just couldn't get into a groove with my work, hence me finishing up at 9pm tonight. I hate that sometimes I work against myself - if only I had been speedier and on the ball earlier I could have enjoyed the evening instead of going home in the dark! Dagnabit. (Is that how you spell it D?)

Oh well. I guess it happens sometimes. I was also dumped today. Not by anyone of any significance but still it is hard not to take it personally! The girl I work out with who has asked her friend to be her training partner rather than me. Apparently it is nothing personal but I am convinced it is because I can't catch when we have to do these throwing exercises (I ducked a few weeks ago as she threw it really hard (deliberately I am sure) and it went into the smoothie counter!!). Anyway regardless of it apparently not being personal it feels a bit like I've been dumped especially as she gets to keep the time slot and the trainer and I've been given a man in his 50's to work out with. Now I am sure this guy will be much more fun than this miserable girl but still I am a bit put out by it (in case you couldn't tell). Luckily I am not going to be going to work out at the same time slot as her so won't need to see her prancing about with her friend with superior resistant training skills.

Anyway, this blog is designed to make me see the bright and beautiful in every day so enough of the blah. Here's today's B&B:

1. I wore a special necklace used to be Nanny's. It looks really nice with a new blue cardigan. It was reassuring to touch it throughout the day.

2. Cathy received a tres cool pink necklace I sent her as an Easter gift and she reports that she loves it! Yey!

3. Ella was given a surprise baby shower at work and sent me such a happy email about it. I love it when lovely things happen to lovely people.

4. I had sushi with my colleague before coming back to work late. It was nice to get to know him more. And the spicy tuna roll and cherry blossom roll were delicious.

5. I resisted my very strong at times urge to go and buy Cadbury's mini eggs. Feel virtuous.

6. My work is now done! I am going home! David is at hockey so I am going to watch a movie in bed. I rented The Illusionist ages ago so need to watch it before they send the bailifts round to collect it from me.

7. I have a blog and I love posting to it! It's very therapeutic after a day like this.

More tomorrow. I've lost the connector cord to upload the pictures on my camera I will try to find it so I can post more pics.

No comments:

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.