Sunday, April 8, 2007

A sunny sunday


I am now at the airport after another great day.

We had a lovely birthday breakfast for David - pancakes, fruit salad and coffee. I had to do a few hours work so David went out to help his David with a new fence they are building to keep the Deer out once the grapes are planted. We then had turkey left-overs for lunch and got to work on an egg hunt.

Thank you to David's family for humouring my new idea for an egg hunt. I picked up some small plastic eggs from the dollar store and instead of putting chocolates inside we put a slip of paper with a promise of something that we will do for each other! I did David's, he did mine, Len did Marion's, Marion did Lens and we each made one for Alice who made one for all of us. We then hid them outside and got to work finding them, along with chocolate eggs Marion had hidden. It was really good fun and now I have some lovely treats to look forward to from David - a day of cooking (breakfast lunch and dinner!!!), a massage, a promise to clean up his desk (aka "the disaster zone") and to make me some coffee his friend Travis brought back from Bali. Wow! There is a two month expiry date! Everyone did well - Len promised to wash cars, Marion to make special Urkrainian meals and David and I are going to take his grandma out for lunch and to the cinema!

David enjoyed his birthday I think! We have very different attitudes to birthdays. It isn't really a big deal to David. He likes having a birthday and always enjoys himself but it isn't the "Incredibly Special Occassion" that I like birthday's to be! We are starting to make our birthdays a good mix of how I like them to be and how David likes them to be. I set up a birthday table for David with balloons, banners and a gift display like I was always spoilt with when I was growing up and David helps to ensure it is a relaxed chilled out day - rather than ridiculously over planned and pressurized to be 'perfect' :-)

Happy Birthday David. You're the best.

I'll post pics of the birthday boy once I eventually find the connector cord for my camera. For now here is a picture of the view on the Kettle Valley Trail. I ran 5 miles along it yesterday - a good view helps to keep you running!

PS - If you'd like to see this view, we are looking for helping hands to help plant grapes for the May long weekend. It will be hard work but plenty of rewards in terms of sunshine, a beach 10 minutes away and lots of wine tasting. Leave a comment or email me if you are interested in joining us!

No comments:

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.