Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Forget about the big picture

every now and again. Put away your training manual. Quit overthinking it. Run for today.

This is kick in the butt # 92 and its just what I need to hear in preparation for tonight's 6 miles with a killer hill run. I am running with Julie and Nigel who will both kick my butt so I need to just run it to feel good and enjoy the fresh air, scenary and to clear my head not to be obsessing about not being able to double the distance in just 11 days time.

Running stands for no nonsense. The minute a negative thought comes into your head that's it your body slows down and stops. If that is what happens when you are running the same is true (although less obvious) in all other areas of life. It's a good reminder. So tonight, I will just enjoy my run, if I have to stop and walk I will but it won't be because I am telling myself I can't do it.

Come to think of it this kick in the butt is a good general kick - stop overthinking things, put away the plans and to do list and live for today...

PS - please give me extra brownie points because it is raining outside!

1 comment:

deep cove dad said...

Thanks Louise,

I love reading your blog. It helps keeps me positive and in check when things might not be going my way and I need a boost.
Keep up the good work.

Scott

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.