Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A weird thing

So I've just got home from an event for the Dress for Success charity I am involved in. It was incredibly successful and my part of it (to drum up interest in a new fundraising/networking initiative we are launching in the Autumn) went well. But here's the thing, I had some great girls volunteering to help me and somehow I had become the person who in their eyes was 'kind of there'.. I mean to say there was a group of tres cool beautiful girls wanting to get their break in PR - aka fresh blood - willing to volunteer to get experience, make contacts and meet people. For so long I've been that eager enthusiastic person helping out and still think I am (albeit it less of the chic and trendy more of a keener!) and then tonight somehow I was the person who was 'there' -they were helping me promote an initiative I was working on, keen to help out in anyway and I got to talk with the grown ups! It sounds silly but it was a moment to mark for me anyway!

So that was one bright and beautiful moment of today - other highlights include talking to Ella ( i am going to babysit Fin on Saturday, can't wait!) chatting to my Mum and joining facebook - who knew it was so cool? I feel popular for the first time ever and have reconnected with my best friend from when I was 12 until about 16! She reminded me that I was the queen of writing notes and passing them to friend during lessons at school. Goodness knows what I used to write but I suppose this blog and facebook fullfils an equivalent role for me now!

Better go, I have no wireless connection with my laptop so I am in the living room with david's hockey kit that is 'airing' out. Airing out of smelly hockey gear for days, rather than hours = suffocate, depress and distress me! If only those volunteers girls knew I was coming home to an apartment filled with a musty hockey fragrance as well as socks, shin guards, gloves, skates and goodness knows what else laid out on the living room floor to 'air', I don't think they would think I was so cool then!! Anyway that's all to say I must relocate to the bedroom and I need to lay down some ground rules to save my sanity- 12 hours of overnight airing is all that is going to be permitted from now on. Surely that's fair?

Goodnight! xox

No comments:

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.