Sunday, April 1, 2007

20,000 words a day

I love reading the UK's Sunday Times. Reading the print edition of the Sunday Times is something I really miss. Canadian Sunday papers just don't come close. Getting and reading the sunday papers was a ritual for me. I loved picking it up at the tube station when catching one of the last trains home on a Saturday night. I loved going back to bed with the papers and a mug of coffee. I loved stretching out on the sofa with all the different supplements after a roast dinner. These were my favourite sunday things to do in England. I've tried to replicate it here but it doesn't work. I'm not sure why.

Anyway - to the point of this post - I still read the Sunday Time's online and love it. Here is an interesting article from today's edition. It rings true to me. Especially the part about women using on average 20,000 words a day compared to 7,000 for men!

OTEXT

2 comments:

deep cove dad said...

Dear Louise,

First I'm hurt that Deepcovedad is not on your list of favourite blogs dispite it's not been used for like ever! Second men use less words because we are much more efficient communicators. Keep on blogging, will become part of my daily computer routine.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Scott

Louise said...

I am so sorry. I miss DeepCoveDad so putting it there is a reminder of what I miss out on now!

But I can cope with that. Can you cope with the pressure of people now looking at your blog with the latest posting in September??

Time to get blogging. Plenty to talk about now it is play off season... Or get Ella to have a guest spot during her mat leave!

About Me

I'm 27, living in the most beautiful city in the world that I've now been calling home for 2 years -- Vancouver. I work in communications, love to write, talk, dream and soak up as much of life as I can. This blog is to capture all things bright and beautiful and remind myself to look for the bright and beautiful in every day.